What to do in case your vehicle is stolen.......
If you are ever in the unfortunate situation of having your car stolen, here are the key first steps to take:
- Contact the police immediately to file a stolen vehicle report. The police will provide you with either case number that you will need for your insurance company. You should be prepared to provide the following information:
- License plate number
- Year, make, model and color
- Identifying marks such scratches or dents, and custom add-ons such as spoilers or wheel covers
- A list of items inside the vehicle
- A description of any suspect(s) you may have seen
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim within 24 hours from the time when you discovered your vehicle was stolen. Provide them with a copy of the police report or OB number.
- Contact your insurance company immediately when/if your vehicle is located
- If you happen to sell your vehicle which has been installed with our tracking unit, you can have the unit removed to be installed in your other vehicle or sell the vehicle with the gadget and purchase a new one of your new vehicle. This option depends on your contractual agreement with Tracking Plus. (Charges apply)
- If your vehicle is involved in an accident and requires major repairs, kindly inform our control center. We will assess the situation and advice on action to take. (Charges apply)
- One of the main reasons for not recovering a vehicle is a delay in reporting the vehicle stolen/missing. Therefore, it is very important to immediately notify us once you are aware that your vehicle has been stolen.